My photo
I love food. I love cooking. I love sharing food. It's the one gift you can give someone that they take inside of themselves and forever becomes a part of them. Food is more than fuel. It's a feeling, a memory, a cure, a gift, a toy..... My recipes aren't exact. There's room for substitutions, discovery, experimentation and play. Anything can be healthy with a few tweaks, or comforting with a few more. Many of my recipies are veggie friendly with just the omittance of meat, never lacking in flavour. The sky is the limit -Variety is the spice of life!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Food for thought: My first post

I'm not a blogger. I am also not a foodie; there are so many things I have not tried. I'm also not a chef; I would probably make one cringe at my poor skills "a tournage".

But here I am. Blogging. And you know what - I am looking forward to a lifetime of discovering new things. And you know what else -  put it in front of me and I will cook it. Not only will I cook it, I will make "it" be the best "it" and have the most "itness" as possible. Well, I try. Trust me - I have my off days. (And some very VERY off days.)

So that's it in a nutshell. I love food. I love cooking. I love sharing food. It's the one gift you can give someone that they take inside of themselves and forever becomes a part of them. (I try to remind myself of this when my family wolfs down my deer dressed with "sauce vennison", that took 1 hour just to deglaze, in 10 minutes without so much a grunt or eyeroll.)

It's worth it. This is my way of sharing that gift with those who can't fit around my table, or dance in the kitchen with me.

1 comment:

  1. *squeal* So excited to see you over here! I know your blog will be just as exciting as your kitchen!!!!!

    ReplyDelete